Monday, September 20, 2010

Wrapping up my 20s...

It is the day before my birthday & I'm feeling pretty good about it. I got to work today & our "Monday morning meeting" was cancelled, so that always makes me happy. The sun was shining brightly this morning. I am breathing. Life is good.

It just is, plain & simple. I don't have anything to complain about really, though I'm sure if I sit here long enough, I could conjure up something. My 20s were fun and very eventful! I may not be married off by now, or with child, or maintained a career, or, or, or... but I have done more than most. Instead I've dibble-dabbled in a couple of careers and have been in two "long" relationships, to come out the other side knowing what I want my professional life to look like & what I want my love life to look like. That to me, is a huge feat in itself.

Before leaving work today, a colleague in the New York office told me to pop open a bottle of wine & toast to the end of my 20s. Brilliant idea, I thought to myself but instead, a friend called & wanted us to grab dinner to catch up, so we did. We went to a cute, quaint Columbian/Peruvian restaurant that I had never seen in all my 16 years of being in Charlotte. The food was quite tasty, as was the homemade sangria. Before sipping my glass I took a moment to silently (i.e. in my head) say goodbye to 29 and be grateful of what's to come.

So now I'm at home and about to get an early night. There are a few people that will surely call me at midnight in a race to be "the 1st place winner" to wish me a happy birthday, and like every year, I look forward to it [insert smiley emoticon].

Wow... 30 is really coming.

3 comments:

  1. Dammit! I didn't call you at midnight. Shucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, no amount of effort was needed on your part at all. You've been with me every step of the way all these years. You're the reason I stopped pouting & embraced 30. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I love ya more than my luggage."

    ReplyDelete