Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Playa Mujeres!!

A week ago, my college best friends and I returned from Playa Mujeres, Mexico, a place that a year ago, we began planning to visit in honor of becoming 30 years old.

Our brainstorming the location was quite precise. We wanted to travel to someplace warm, not kid-appropriate, fairly inexpensive & all-inclusive were the main consensus. The date? We decided Labor Day holiday weekend would be a decent fit... it wasn't as cheap as earlier in the year, and yeah, it's in the middle of hurricane season but the weather wouldn't be horribly hot and it would serve as a somewhat median for our birthdays: Katie turned 30 in January, Shameika's birthday was in June, Daphne, Tokii and myself are in September and bringing up the rear is J's birthday in October. Perfect! Labor Day weekend it is!

Unfortunately, not all of the Sensational 6 could make the trip. Passports weren't arriving in time, a baby was born, life just got in the way. The Sensational 6's 30th birthday trip ended up just being 4:



Tokii, Me, J and Katie headed off to Cancun Mexico's secluded beach of Playa Mujeres on Saturday, September 4th and boy did we have a ball...

I read somewhere that one of the keys to life is to make at least 3 people smile each day. I don't know if I personally did that for them but they certainly made me smile several times everyday. Not to mention the location! I couldn't help but smile at our room's beautiful view of one of the 7 pools on the resort, where we were just a brief walk away from the Caribbean Sea. The weather was ideal everyday, there were things to do -or nothing to do at all- which is EXACTLY what I wanted out of this trip: Plenty of time to relax with my girlfriends & mentally vacate my life. Who would want more? I strongly recommend a girl's trip as you wrap up your 20s because even though I'm not 30 yet, it was the perfect way to enter the next chapter of my life, and what better way to do it than with those you love?






2 comments: