Monday, September 13, 2010

Swim, bike & run?

"Proficiency in swimming, cycling, and running alone is often not sufficient for success in triathlon."

That's the last sentence I read on Wikipedia's thorough breakdown of what defines a Triathlon.

And when I mentioned doing a Triathlon with a colleague whose wife recently completed one, he said, "It is not for the faint of heart".

Hmm. Not feeling very positive right now. Which is the same way I felt when I decided to run a half marathon, so perhaps I'm on the right track! (no pun intended)

Competing in a Triathlon is up there with skydiving for me. Both are things that I've thought about doing but am not sure if I can. Minus the whole possible death part of skydiving, I think I'd enjoy doing them because they're both ideas that have been lying dormant in the back of my mind, chillin'.
Can I do it?
Will I be able to squeeze in the sufficient training time into my schedule?
Am I trying to do too much right now?
Goals have to be realistic & attainable so I'll continue to think about this before blogging any further...

No comments:

Post a Comment