Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Losing sleep over the future

I have a lot on my mind & i think this is why my sleep pattern is
being disrupted. I'm thinking about a new location to begin my 30s
(not the true reason) that I'll need a reasonable sized budget for,
christmas is in 2 days, New Year's Eve is coming without a fab dress nor plans, and I've met someone that could actually hurt me. Hmm where do I begin...

I'd like to relocate so that I could explore other dance
opportunities. That's it. I'm young. I don't have any kids. Why not?
The budget for rellocating is such a terrifying thought to factor in when the bills & other sudden urgenices pop up, like your car's engine light or the fact that your HOA dues have increased. Crap, that's another 30-40 minutes of lost sleep!

Christmas is coming, which means so is the family. I need to clean. I begin to fret. Another 20 minutes lost.

New Year's Eve is arriving with such speed & I need another 2 weeks! I don't have an outfit, I don't have plans, I don't have my "roll dawg" in town, O-M-G! Did I accomplish all that I set out to do in 2009? Why, yes actually; my goal was to run a half marathon this year and I ran two! Check. Then, why am I not ready for this year to end? It was undoubtedly one of the worst years of my life, but I can't figure out why I want to slow down the hands of time. Another 30 minutes lost, pondering this very thought.

Perhaps it's because time is bringing me closer to 30? Hmmm, I'll dive into that later! In the meantime, I wrestle with thinking about what "30" means to me...for another 10 minutes.

And lastly, I've met someone new. Someone interesting. But if I usher in the New Year too soon, does that mean that I need to hurry up & figure things out with the new person? With so much happening in this upcoming year, I feel as if I'm up against a deadline & my next article is due when the sun rises! There goes another 40 minutes of sleep.

I hope things will iron out in my head, and fast. It's Wednesday and so far I've racked up 15 hours of sleep so far. That's not good. Here's to the next 8 days...

1 comment:

  1. 30 has been absolutely fabulous so far! Hurry up and get your ass over here!

    ReplyDelete