Monday, August 17, 2009

A new face, a new smile

One of the joys of being at the end of the soul train line (i.e. my 20s), is meeting the new influx of friends. We all have our High School BFFs and our college BFFs. But it is some of our "real world" BFFs that tend to undergo a facelift as we get older. The ones that didn't skip algebra class in middle school with you. The ones that weren't at your college stepshows with you. Like I said it's a joy but can also be terrifying! People come and go, especially as we age for some get families, some relocate...simply put: life just happens!
I've seen a new face. Potentially a face I had met years ago but only now have gotten to know. This new smile makes me smile, everyday in fact! It's nervewracking actually because I'm not sure if this new face is here to stay or just temporarily passing through. I'm not certain how long this new smile will light up my smile. I hope it lasts longer than those i met in my early 20s; perhaps it will last as long as my relationships with my closest High School friends? Who knows, but what I do know is that i'm enjoying peering slowly around the corner at my future, not entirely sure what I'll see. This new face makes me feel optimistic.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Monique. This is so sweet. You know I'm here to stay! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The word verification to leave that last comment was "pnock" ... I think we should create a definition for this word and use it regularly.

    ReplyDelete