Monday, February 15, 2010

Forgive & let go

I'm not the best when it comes to "forgive & forget," so when my mother says I should forgive & forget when a certain someone for totally being belligerently drunk at my company's function, I wasn't entirely too thrilled to hear that.

I thought about it & decided...I like how "forgive & let go" sounds versus the old "forgive & forget" saying we've all heard a million times. If I can let go of a situation, then I will forget momentarily, but to insinuate that forgiving & forgetting occurs instantaneously, well, that's just silly.

A lot happened instantaneously, yes. Within seconds, this someone was drunk, shouting & being violent towards me. Though it happened rather quickly, forgetting that night and moving on from it doesn't occur with light-speed unfortunately. I am trying. I really am trying to forget, especially since this sort of behavior is completely atypical of this person's character. Then again, people said the same thing about Ted Bundy.

So I am working on forgiving and letting go of that night (a night that happened to be February 14th) and not focus on the fact that I had a wonderful date that 5 hours later ended up being someone I didn't recognize. I really wish this "forgive and forget" expression came with a book of instructions of how to do so exactly!

Actually, I am terrified of how that night could have ended yet I'm still so shocked that I don't believe it even happened at all...... so I battle internally with how I can even forget it in the first place!

I know I'm speaking vaguely. I apologize.

Sigh... the decisions we make. It's interesting how these decisions become grander as we get older.

Approaching 30 really is no joke...

No comments:

Post a Comment